Monday, May 17, 2004

strongholds

Talked with Shawn the other day about food. Since he doesn't blog anymore, I feel free to share the gist of the conversation. Shawn said he had been thinking about how food can be a stronghold in your life. I had never really considered that a stronghold but as he explained it can really keep you from doing a lot of things. If you aren't eating the right foods then you can be tired or sick or dependent. If you are real sluggish in the mornings, then you aren't going to get a lot out of your quiet times, or even skip it altogether. If you are sick or don't have energy you are less likely to be out fighting the battle. It makes sense. Now with this new "diet" that I'm on I have so much more energy and I feel smarter. In the mornings I can actually string together a few sentences. I have a lot more energy during the day and I actually don't struggle thru running. Can they be related? In my life, when I've been the closest to God I have also been in the best shape. There has to be a correlation. Now the question is, after this little contest do I go back to eating how I used to eat? How come I feel like I can't live unless I can drink a Mt. Dew? That is a stronghold ladies and gentlemen. Maybe I need to take Breaking Free again. Thanks Shawn for bringing my attention to that. Now go eat a cookie or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home